We can perform all types of pujas, from housewarming to naming, birth and death ceremonies. Our qualified priests can help you choose the astrologically auspicious time to perform the puja, with a fire sacrifice, either in your home or at our Temple.
Puja Service Details
You can perform “Pujas” or purificatory ceremonies at the Hare Krishna Melbourne Temple. The Vedic literatures describe that there are many opportunities during one’s life – from before birth to after death – when one may perform a ceremony for purification to evoke auspiciousness and ensure advancement in spiritual life.
A Puja is not a substitute for the regulative principles of spiritual life as enunciated by Srila Prabhupada. However, in conjunction with these principles, performance of puja guarantees eventual perfection in life.
Many of the pujas offered are more beneficial if performed at an astrologically auspicious time. The head pujari or priest at the Temple will be able to advise you regarding the suitable time
- Jata-Karma (Birth Ceremony)
- Niskramana: When a child leaves the house for the first time
- Pausti-Karma: Ceremony to protect your child’s health
- Anna-Prasana: Feeding a child grains for the first time
- Cudu-Karnam: Hair-cutting ceremony
- Vidyarambha: Entering school
- Samavartana: Graduation
- Vivaha: Marriage Ceremony
- Griha-Ramba: Laying a foundation stone
- Griha–Pravesa: House warming
- Sraddha-Pattra (Pinda): Oblations to departed forefathers
- Fire ceremony for auspiciousness
Ceremonies outside of this list can also be performed.